How to install eSIM on iPhone or iPad?
We advise to install eSIM mobile data at least a day before your trip.
Open this guide on another device - a computer or a tablet. You will be able to follow steps of the installation process.
The QR code for eSIM activation can be found by clicking on this link and logging into your account MoreMins self-service > My Plans menu. You will be able to scan it from the screen with your smartphone or tablet.
It is very important to Enable Roaming services manually after installing the eSIM data.
DO NOT DELETE eSIM mobile data if something is not working. Send us an email to: [email protected] and we will help you asap.
Detailed instructions are provided below.
1. Before activating your eSIM on your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later model, ensure you are connected to the Internet, mobile data or Wi-Fi network. Update your iOS version if it is lower than iOS 13.3. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update and update for iOS 13.3 or later.
2. Open your smartphone's Camera and scan the QR code. You will find QR code by clicking on Install your eSIM button in MoreMins self-service > My Plans. A pop-up message will appear on the top of the screen. Click on it.
3. Tap on Continue and Add data plan.
4. In the Secondary line you can change name of the Label. Change it from Secondary to MoreMins. Later you will find MoreMins eSIM more easily. Then tap Continue.
5. For your Default Line (for Calls and Messages) select your Primary SIM card. It is your mobile operator's SIM card that you use at home. This why it is called "Primary". Then tap Continue.
6. For iMessages, FaceTime and Mobile Data select newly created MoreMins profile and tap Continue.
7. Enable Roaming services for MoreMins profile. Go to Settings > Mobile Data > MoreMins and tap Data Roaming on.
At the end your setup should like this:
8. MoreMins eSIM Mobile Data services setup is complete. It can take up to 10 minutes for eSIM to connect to mobile operator's (which is MoreMins local partner for mobile data) network.
In the iPhone Control Center you should see MoreMins eSIM services with the symbol M. Turn off your Wi-Fi internet and enable Mobile Data.
When you connect to the internet, mobile internet symbol (5G, 4G, 3G, LTE, etc.) appears next to the active network operator's name. Mobile internet symbol (5G, 4G, 3G, LTE, etc.) shows which operator's mobile data (internet) you are using. When eSIM connects to mobile data you should see 4G or LTE symbols in the "M" line.
During the trip always double-check if you are using MoreMins eSIM mobile data. This is the link to our FAQ answer explaining how to check if you are really using MoreMins eSIM mobile data.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT DELETE ESIM IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE MOBILE DATA.
If the new eSIM does not connect to the Mobile Operator's Network within 30 minutes, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or call the phone numbers listed at the bottom of this page.